Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chili's Salsa

First of all, sorry for my absence for so long! I've had this recipe since last week but I've been debating whether or not to keep it "my secret"... but then I decided since I didn't make it up, I couldn't really have it be my secret recipe. :) I took it to Emmalee's party and it was quite the hit!! I took home a completely empty bowl! You have to try it with sour cream. It is supposed to taste like Chili's famous salsa - and it does! Its very simple - it took less than 5 minutes!



Ingredients
4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
1 (14 oz) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 oz) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar

Directions
In a food processor place jalapenos and onions. Process for just a few seconds.

Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar and cumin. Process all ingredients but do not puree.

Place in a covered container and chill. (A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.) Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips.

3 comments:

  1. you don't cook it at all? do you serve it cold? or heat it up before serving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps-i hate that i have to type in the spam-filter code when commenting...you can change that you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cooking required!! You could heat it up if you want, but I just eat it right out of the fridge. :)

    ReplyDelete