Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pork Chops

We have been eating a LOT of pork lately... maybe its because I'm still catching up for not eating it during lent, maybe its just because its delicious. Either way, its awesome on the grill, and I have a slow cooker recipe we took to our friends' house tonight... I'll post that another day.

This is a two-fer - I've got a really easy and super delish marinade recipe, and I'm also posting a sauce as well. Make your pork chops with either and its a great meal - but together... even better! My mom gave me this marinade - she says it works for any kind of meat. Something about the sweetness and the pork makes it my favorite though. And the chops have been super tender... part Sam's great cooking techniques on the grill, part of the lemon juice breaking down the meat. Can't mess this one up!



MOM'S MARINADE

Ingredients
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar

Directions
Cover at least 1/2 hour or overnight. Then cook!

BRITT'S SAUCE
Ingredients
2 teaspoons lemon juice
a handful golden raisins
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups chicken stock

Directions
Combine ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium high heat until sauce forms. Pour over your pork chops and eat!

Directions


No comments:

Post a Comment