Friday, September 4, 2009

My favorite Mac-and-Cheese

Mac and cheese is my favorite comfort food. Absolutely!! We have this at least once every two weeks. I always have the ingredients on hand - its fast, easy and cheap so it's my "go-to meal" when I'm too lazy to cook anything (and we're not in the mood for Subways!). My mom would always make it this way - and even during college when I went home it was the thing I asked for most.

Now I make it for myself (a lot), so much so that Sam said he would like some box mac and cheese - but when its this easy, why settle for a box? The great thing is I can heat up the tuna and peas for me and Sam can just have the noodles and sauce.

All I do is cook some fun-shaped noodles in salted water. In another pot, heat up a tbs. butter, cubed velveeta and heavy cream (add as much cream and velveeta as you want until its the thickness you like). Then I heat up tuna and peas in the microwave. Mix pasta, tuna & peas, and sauce together. YUM! The best mac and cheese you'll ever have.



I'm curious - what's your go-to meal? You're favorite, easy, never gets old, comfort food?

No comments:

Post a Comment