Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chocolate Eclair Dessert

Here's a recipe I've been making non-stop. I got the recipe from my friend, Anna's, mom. I have such good memories of playing at her house when we were little, and she'd make us this yummy dessert!! I've taken it to parties, made it for when guest come, and for my coworkers. I like to cut the recipe in half and use an 8X8 pan when its for Sam and I and friends, and I use the 9X13 portion below for the whole office.

INGREDIENTS
2 (3oz.) packages French vanilla instant pudding
3 cups milk
9 oz. cool whip
Whole graham crackers
2 squares unsweetened baker's chocolate, melted
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. corn syrup
3 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar

DIRECTIONS
Line a 9X13 inch pan with graham crackers. Mix pudding and milk. Add cool whip. Spoon half the pudding mixture over the graham crackers.
Add another layer of crackers. Top with remaining pudding mixture and another layer of crackers.


Melt chocolate and butter together. Add remaining ingredients. Mix to spreading consistency.
Spoon chocolate topping over crackers. Refrigerate.


I like to refrigerate overnight to give the crackers time to get soft. Now, doesn't that look like comfort food?? Yum!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMMM!!! I haven't had this in awhile. Maybe I'll beg my mom to make it for my birthday. I'm too scared to make it for myself; I don't want to mess it up. I'm glad you have great memories of American Girl doll playing/chocolate eclair eating. Ahh, those were the days!
    -Anna-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa B already told me about the depression lady. Glad you found her too! I haven't had time to watch yet, but thanks for the link and the memories of your posse and American girls!

    ReplyDelete