Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pasta with White Sauce

Oh boy - a Britt's kitchen first... something completely made up by me. Not inspired by another recipe I liked with small tweaks from me... made up by me! :) Nothing fancy, but it was pretty tasty, so I submit for your approval. I didn't measure, so these are approximate. Mom, sorry for all the times I got annoyed when you didn't measure... now it makes sense that you could do that!! I'm learning... slowly but surely.

Notice how I used my herb garden? Love it! :) I didn't use a roux to thicken the sauce - instead I used Italian breadcrumbs. This is one of my "pantry" meals... although those kind of recipes always annoy me because I never have the same stocked pantry as the chef who wrote the recipe. But this stuff, I happened to have, which makes it handy as well as tasty.

Ingredients
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. butter
I onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
salt
pepper

Directions
Melt the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until tender. Add the white wine and chicken stock and let it reduce for a couple minutes. Lower the heat to medium low and add the cream. Simmer for a couple minutes until the sauce warms through and thickens. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, fresh herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Serve over angel hair pasta.

I added peas for my portion... Sam passed on those! Kind of pretty, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment