Monday, December 14, 2009

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

This is another really easy barely-counts recipe... I was craving a hot dish and was too lazy to do anything more than open a few cans on Sunday night! This was a nice dish to have everything on hand (at least I did!) and its some good hearty food!

I got this recipe from Stove Top's website and it was really yummy! I made just a few minor changes. If I was less lazy last night I probably would have sauted onions but alas, I did not. I liked having stuffing as the topping of the hot dish - something I wouldn't have been clever enough to think of myself but its genius!!

Ingredients
1 box of stuffing (substitute 1/2 the water it calls for with chicken stock)
1 can of chicken
1 can - cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup cheddar cheese
1 can of carrots and peas mix, drained (or a frozen back of mixed vegetables)

Directions
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package adding the chicken stock; set aside.
Mix remaining ingredients and put in a buttered 9X9 pan, top with the stuffing. Bake about 20 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and stuffing is slighly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment