Monday, January 11, 2010

Rice and Raisins

I made this the other night because it just sounded good. I remember growing up we would have this when dad had two-cylinder meetings because he was not a rice fan, and mom, Linds and I loved it. I hope I made it right - mom feel free to comment if I did not! :) It tasted good though! Sam said it sounded like a horrible combination (but he did not taste it). What do you think?



Ingredients
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup white rice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions
Heat water, milk, butter and raisins until boiling. Stir in rice and remove from heat. Let sit for about 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Stir in sugar and cinnamon to taste. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. sounds good to me! Made me hungry for some but Dad is here all the time. Linds and I will have to have some before she goes back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only way I knew how to eat rice as a kid. I didn't realize you used it in any other way until I was an adult and cooking on my own. My Mom would make this as a treat or a dessert, it was one of my dad's favorite.

    ReplyDelete